Squirrels are a pest that many have complicated feelings about. Although they’re cute and perceived as essentially harmless, we know that the common grey squirrels carry diseases and were responsible for almost completely wiping out the native British red squirrel. Regardless of how you see them, there is no doubt that they present a problem to homeowners.
The most common issue that people have with squirrels occurs when they decide to nest in the loft space. Once this has happened, the area becomes their territory and they will act aggressively towards anyone who attempts to move them, especially if they have babies in the nest. If you try and block their access point, they will attack the blockage until they get in.
To get in touch with JG Pest Control about our squirrel control services near you, call us on 0333 122 3110 .
Information on Squirrel Pest Control & Removal
It’s clear that squirrels are a pest more difficult to get rid of than most, but the team at JG Pest Control are experienced in dealing with them. Whether you’re in the north, south, east or west of the UK, we can come to you and ensure that the squirrel problem in your home is eradicated. As soon as you notice any tell-tale signs such as droppings, damage or the sounds made by them moving around in the loft, let us know so you can avoid dealing with their aggression by yourself.
We use traps and poisons to deal with squirrels, as it is illegal in the UK to catch one and release it back into the wild. We are therefore obliged to dispatch it, which we do as humanely as possible. Once all the animals have been removed, we begin repair work and ensure that the access points they were using are blocked off to prevent a reoccurrence of the problem.
Squirrel problems can be very serious, JG Pest Control provide out of normal hours emergency service to those clients who need a rapid response at night or on a Sunday
For guaranteed removal we are the preferred company in the country and offer a same day response.
Signs of a squirrel pest control problem
- Droppings – are often found in loft spaces. Squirrel droppings are larger and more rounded than a rats. Approximately 8-12mm and rounder at the edges rather than pointed.
- Sighting – They use loft insulation or similar as nesting materials. You may see a pile of shredded loft insulation or you may see the squirrel up in your loft space. Sometimes you may even notice them going in your fascia boards in a hole they have developed typically about the size of a tennis ball.
- Sounds – grey squirrels occupying a loft space make can make an almighty racket. People often describe it as ‘a group of them having a party up there’. Squirrels will continuously run around the loft space in search for nesting materials, when there is nowhere left to look, they will break through to other areas- causing a lot of sound!
- Damage – these animals are very strong, have sharp teeth and sharp claws. They can even chew through soft metals and hard wood and many other materials used in lofts and on roofing. Fascia boards, tiles, insulation materials and joists are often damaged by squirrel activity.
For leading squirrel control services near you, qualified by BPCA/RSPH, call JG Pest Control now, on 0333 122 3110
Removal of the infestation
- Survey – Firstly we survey the activity areas, whether a loft or cavity and confirm the species’ presence.
- Eradication – We use a combination method of a variety extremely effective traps and specialist squirrel poisons in squirrel pest control to resolve the problem as quickly and hassle free as possible.
- Proofing – Once the animals have been fully removed, it is vital that the entry points are sufficiently blocked off. This ‘repair’ work can be very simple or very extensive depending on level of damage and access. On the first visit we will give you a quote for proofing, you are then able to accept our quotation or get this work carried out yourself. It is recommended that this is done within 10 days of removal to ensure other squirrels do not move in.
- Guarantee – We guarantee to remove your infestation.
It is not a good idea to tackle this type of problem on your own, these animals in ‘their’ territory can become very aggressive
Emergency Squirrel Control Services, call 0333 122 3110
As a leading squirrel pest control company, we are confident we can help you.
Call us today to discuss your problem and get a quote on 0333 122 3110 .