JG Pest Control are experts in flea removal. Fleas are a common problem across the UK and we are experienced in treating flea infestations in both homes and businesses.
Talk to us to find out how you can remove fleas by calling 0333 015 1259
Find out more information on instant eradication of a Flea infestation using insect heat treatments.
Common signs of fleas
How do you know if you have fleas in your home or business? There are some common signs to look out for:
- Bites – fleas bite humans and pets to feed on blood so they can lay eggs.
- Pets scratching – fleas will often make a home in the fur of your dog or cat, causing them discomfort.
- Sightings – fleas are very small (approx. 1mm), but sometimes can be seen, particularly when a property is empty.
Fleas are mostly associated with pets, but can also be found in other places like beds, carpets or sofas. They are able to live for months without food and it’s very difficult to eradicate them and their eggs without specialist treatment.
Flea Control Emergency
- Fleas can cause huge disruption and embarrassment in a home or office.
- The last thing you want when going to sleep or having guests over is to be attacked
- We offer an emergency service when you require those out of hours or Sunday call outs.
Flea removal treatment options
Our recommended treatment is a heat treatment. This premium treatment gives guaranteed eradication on the same day. The affected area is heated to over 50°C for a prolonged period of time to completely kill all insects and their eggs.
The alternative treatment we offer is a chemical treatment. This involves spraying or fogging affected areas with a solution to kill all active fleas at the time of treatment. The chemical will stay on the surface so that when remaining eggs hatch, they will also be killed. Unlike our premium heat treatment, the chemical treatment option does not affect eggs. Chemical treatment is still an effective method of flea removal, but because you have to wait for all the eggs to hatch, it can take longer than the heat method of treatment.
For leading flea control services near you, by qualified RSPH technicians, call JG Pest Control now, on 0333 015 1259
How we rid your Flea Problem
There are two recognised eradication techniques for removal. One is a chemical spray or fumigation treatment and the other is a heat treatment.
Both are extremely effective and guaranteed, however the heat treatment (our premium service) gives guaranteed eradication in the same day. For more information on this service please go to our dedicated insect heat treatment page here.
The chemical treatment involves spraying or fogging activity areas with a strong residual chemical, this will kill off all active fleas at the time of treatment and remain effective on surfaces until the dormant fleas come out and the eggs hatch and eventually kill these off too.
It is for this reason that the treatment is not instant, however it is very effective and guaranteed, so if the problem persists, we come back free of charge.
About the Flea
- The most common species that causes problems as a ‘pest’ is the cat flea (Ctenocephalides felis)
- Then the dog flea (Ctenocephalides canis)
- Both of these species feed on cat’s and dog’s blood but also bite humans
- This can cause irritations and sometimes adverse skin reactions.
Emergency Flea Control Services, call 0333 015 1259
JG Pest Control are fully insured and provide a guarantee with all our services. See below for our liability insurance certification.
JG provide guaranteed chemical treatments and guaranteed same day eradication of fleas using heat treatments (click here for more information on treating Fleas with Heat).