7 Tips for Mouse & Rat Prevention
First and foremost, if you suspect you have a rodent infestation, you should seek professional assistance immediately. For future mouse and rat prevention, here are our recommendations:
- Store food in metal or glass containers to keep inaccessible to small food thieves.
- Clear up any food waste and crumbs from the sink, counter, and floor.
- Empty bins regularly and make sure lids are securely fitting.
- Eliminate any food fragments from or around outside bins.
- Keep your house and garden clean and keep garden clutter to a minimum to reduce hiding places.
- Avoid organic food waste in compost heap as this can attract rats.
- Remove items which can be used to make nests such as cardboard.
If you have already spotted signs of mice or rats, prevention may be too late. Contact JG Pest Control on 0333 920 9124 to eliminate the problem and prevent future infestation.